If you purchased a new Brother printer, you must first install it. Brother printers usually come with installations from companies with CD-ROM. However, if you don’t have the CD or the printer does not come with an installation, we will allow you to easily install the printer and we will give some tips with the help of those tips So don’t worry.
Follow the steps below to install the driver:
- For the start, you need to open the Control Panel from your explorer.
- After you do that, you will find the option to Hardware and Sound => Devices and Printers. Choose that option.
- The next thing that you need to do is choosing the option to Add a printer to your computer. Choose that and you are ready for the next step.
- After you choose to add a printer, you will find the possible printers that you can install and click Next.Hint:
If the model name is not listed, do steps i through iii before continuing to step 5.Before this step, make sure you have connected the printer to the computer. If you still cannot find the printer that you are looking for, you can check try adding the printer manually. You can do this by adding the IP address from the advanced installation. This one way that will surely guarantee the installation of your Brother Printer driver.
i. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
ii. Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and click Next.
iii. Type the IP address of the Brother machine in the Hostname or IP address field, and check the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use option. Then click Next.
- When the next window appears, select Brother from the Manufacturer list.
If no window appears, go to Step 7.
- Select the model name and click Next. After you choose your printer model, you only need to follow the rest of the instructions.
If your Brother’s machine is not found in the printer list, click Windows Update to update the printer list. It may take several minutes to update the printer list.
- The printer driver name will be displayed in the Printer name field. We recommend typing your Brother model name in the Printer name field for easy understanding. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Within few minutes, the installation process will be started and you only need to wait for the installation to process to be finished. When it is finished, you will be notified and you can start using the Brother printer.
If you still don’t understand or have problems in the installation process, don’t hesitate to contact us on the contact us page, click here